Wednesday, March 30, 2011

CAN YOU ACTUALLY BE IN LOVE WITH A SEWING MACHINE

I purchased another 201 singer, but this time I bought the 201-2 , I have a 201-K or 201-3 as it is known, basically the same machine with an external belt driven motor, but hard to find, and alot of people like the 201-3 to convert them to treadle etc..
When I got this 201-2 I felt like I was in heaven, cleaned it , oiled it, etc, and it is soooo quiet, it is like a dream,  I haven't stopped sewing since  I got it 2 weeks ago.
I like the ease of use, and how everything just works,  I am really in love with this machine.

Made a few twirly dresses, for my grandaughter, and will be working on an heirloom type easter dress.
Another great website I forgot to mention before is dharmatrading     http://www.dharmatrading.com/
this website has great cotton clothing etc, anything you want and is reasonable good quality, I bought alot of white blanks for for
baby clothes and dyed them, stamped them etc, when my grandchildren were young, my daughter in law said she got  alot of compliments on them.   On dharmatrading you can find featured artists, techniques, how to's for just about anything, silk painting, and supplies etc.. I usually will check out Dick Blick too and compare  prices..
http://www.dickblick.com/   they carry fabric paints etc and prices can be less sometimes.

I went to take some photos of my twirly dresses I made and my camera was left in Naples, so when I get back their will take some photos of them.

I will be using  probably a Kari Mecca pattern tho for my heirloom dress for Avery for easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment